DAV Marlborough accepts donations and works hard year-round to encourage donations. You are probably familiar with our Forget-Me-Not days. Once per year, the national office authorizes DAV Marlborough a period of time when volunteers are allowed to solicit donations. We are present in entrance ways with our donation materials, and we give a Forget Me Nots to all donors as a token of our gratitude for their support.
Any personal donations, end of year or otherwise, can be made by sending a check to DAV, Chapter 82, P.O. Box 229, Marlborough, MA 01752.
One Hundred Percent (100%) of the donations collected from our generous citizens and local businesses goes directly to our injured and sick veterans.
What happens to the money that DAV Marlborough raises?
Funds are used to purchase telephone cards for sick and wounded veterans in military hospitals, to support the Fisher House which provides free housing for families visiting hospitalized veterans and provides essentials to veterans in nursing homes, and much more.
With the money that the Marlborough DAV collects from Forget-Me-Not days, we make donations to organizations where people help people, like:
- Home for the Holidays (Thanksgiving & Christmas) sponsored by the Hudson Amvets Post.
- Wreaths Across America (Christmas Wreaths placed at each grave at Arlington Cemetery)
- Sudbury, VFW Lt. Milley Post.
- Marlborough Veterans Council
- 5K race for disabled vets sponsored by the ITAM Post 45
- Volunteers of America for homeless vets.
- Wounded Vet Ride.
- Star Touring for Veterans Fundraiser.
- Veteran’s Inc
- Honor Flight New England (takes WWII vets to Washington, DC)
- FISH (takes VETS to their apts. At Veterans Hospitals)
- Golf Tournament Fundraiser for Vets.
- 23 Checks for $100 each to needy Veterans or their families at Christmas time.
- Chaplains Charity (gives up to $30 to veterans residing in Nursing Homes)
- Sweats For Vets.